Because the European settlement in 1788, individuals and families from nearly 200 nations have immigrated to Australia. The number of people who call Australia home each year by means of accepting permanent residency or becoming an Australian Citizen carries on growing. There are core values and principles which are promoted within this country which make it an excellent home in.
1. All Australians have access to basic freedoms. As long as these are within the bounds from the law, including holding go to meetings, joining organizations and groups, speaking openly, moving across the nation with no restrictions and worshiping their religion of preference.
2. All persons are equal under the Commonwealth law. People are expected to treat each other based and dignity and aren't to discriminate on the basis of disability, race, sex and age. Australian law and it is society reject the use of intimidation, violence and humiliation as ways of coping with conflict.
3. Australians have the to freedom of speech inside the boundaries from the law. They're allowed to write or say the things they consider politicians, the governments - local, federal and state. These same rights are extended to media which includes print, radio, television and internet media outlets.
4. The Government allows everybody to worship the religion of their choice as Australian government doesn't have the official religion. Australian government is secular and treats everybody equally no matter their religion beliefs. Separation of state and church is evident as religious laws have no legal waiting in Australia.
5. Australians can collect in groups and also to protest against any business or government in an orderly and legal fashion. This freedom to associate implies that individuals are free to join any lawful organization for example trade unions or political parties.
6. Australian political system is a parliamentary democracy which entails the citizens to vote and elect the federal government of their choice who in turn make the laws or delegate law creation. Around all Australians are safe by law, they likewise have to obey established laws. Including everyone - people in power as well as the police. This will make all Australians equal under the law.
7. Equal rights of men and women are guaranteed. There is to become no gender discrimination at work, in the military, government or other facet of Australian society between men and women.
8. Australia is proudly a peaceful society and that we believe that any conflict should be dealt with via discussion included in the democratic process. Violence is rejected because the method of changing people's mind - use of peaceful persuasion is encouraged.